10 famous film quotes to battle Monday Blues.
Most Mondays are slow and give everyone the blues, so everyone in the office needs a bit of motivation and some wise words. Here’s a list of my top ten film quotes that should blow away your Monday Blues and kick-start a great week of lead generation.
1. “Do, or do not. There is no try.” Yoda, Starwars.
I thought I’d start with this one because it’s how I get myself out of bed on a Monday morning (you think I’m joking…). In terms of lead generation though, you’ve always got to go for it, whether it’s a new prospect or any other goal.
2. “Just keep swimming.” Dory, Finding Nemo.
One from everyone’s favourite fish (sorry to all the pet goldfishes out there). This quote motivates me to carry on through thick and thin. Whenever I hit a rough patch, this quote comes into my head to remind me to carry on. If I fail to nurture a prospect into a lead, I always think that there’s plenty more fish in the sea!
3. “The key to business is personal relationships.” Dickie Fox, Jerry McGuire.
This one is a great quote to remember when generating leads. It’s essential to create ‘buyer personas’ for all of your prospects so you know exactly who your target market is and what they’re into. As I mentioned in a previous blog, lead generation is like a relationship, so treat it like one.
4. “It ain’t about how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” Rocky, Rocky Balboa.
I think this one’s good for those who have lost prospects. In terms of lead generation, it’s basically saying that getting knocked down (losing a prospect) and then getting back up and carrying on (looking for more prospects) makes you a winner in the B2B lead generation sector.
5. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean.
A confusing one, I know, but he has a point (for once!). The majority of problems can be overcome – such as your systems crashing (assuming you have backups…) – but if you focus on the problem too much, you pretty much become the problem. If you have a negative attitude towards the problem and spend the rest of your existence (an exaggeration I know but just roll with it) mentally glaring at it then there’s no way you can move forwards and start building relationships with prospects and generating more leads.
6. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” Edna Mode, The Incredibles.
One from the fabulous Edna Mode – which I mainly put in because I personally love her. Despite this, she gives a fair point – you can’t look back at any lost prospects or mistakes from the past because then you might lose more potential prospects or opportunities in the present by ignoring them.
7. “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing.
Think of Baby as one of your prospects. You can’t push them to one side and ignore them; they’ve got to be the centre of your attention. The same goes for your existing clients. Just because you’ve already got them, there’s nothing stopping them from dropping you when the time’s up. Keep that in mind when you’re travelling through rush hour traffic thinking about running away to an exotic island…
8. “May the odds be ever in your favour.” Effie Trinket, The Hunger Games. Even though this one is sort of ironic (Just imagine Effie’s trilling tone) it’s also kind of cheery – that’s if you take away the image of kids being sent to their death… If you look at it as if someone else is saying this to you (their name can be Barry) then it sounds like other people want you to succeed, which will motivate you to do it to show them you’re capable of exceeding their expectations.
9. “To infinity and beyond.” Buzz Lightyear, Toystory.
This is my favourite motivational quote. It should be the first thing you say to yourself at work on a Monday morning, because it’s you setting your sights on new prospects and goals, even if they seem far away.
10.“A martini. Shaken, not stirred.” James Bond, Goldfinger.
I thought I’d finish with this one because if all else fails, at the end of the day you might want to get yourself one of these….