Fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Achieving optimum results never works without a plan. When you work with Shortlist Marketing, we take you through five specific steps to craft an inbound marketing plan:
1. Audit – we undertake an internal and external analysis. First, we look at your organisation’s current situation and what resources you already have available. Then, we evaluate what the market looks like and carry out a competitor analysis.
2. Objectives – we work with your senior leadership team to understand your objectives, what revenue goals need hitting and how we can help you reach them. This stage involves setting SMART objectives.
3. Strategy – here, we drill down into your target audience. We craft buyer personas, create a marketing map, and set out a buyer’s journey, looking at drivers, segmentation and product positioning.
4. Communications – once all the above is complete, we turn to explore tactics, and look at what communications will happen when. A full content marketing plan can include blogs, landing pages, social media, ads and email marketing.
5. Metrics and controls – the only way to measure the success of inbound marketing is to set KPIs so we can track and measure its success.
Once all these steps are outlined and a solid plan is in place, implementation can either be carried out by us or by your own team.
“The main reason why we chose to work with Shortlist was their experience. We were assured that their team were all well experienced and that with an understanding of our business they were more than capable of planning and implementing a quality campaign.”
Head of External Marketing
Inbound marketing is often approached in a haphazard way, which is risky, and, more often than not, fruitless. Having a solid plan in place means that you make the right choices, have time to prepare, and, most importantly, stick to the schedule instead of letting it slide.
Frequently asked questions
After we’ve completed the planning process for you, you don’t have to go it alone. While some organisations are confident in implementing the plan with their internal resources, others don’t have the time or capabilities to maximise its success. We’re happy to work with you to ensure you’re implementing the plan effectively – or even take the job off your hands entirely. The choice is yours!
Absolutely. Having goals in mind is a great thing, but it’s so frustrating when you can’t see how to achieve them. In these situations, we use our proven planning methodology and approach to create an appropriate strategy and communication plan that is centred around your existing objectives.