Achieving optimum results never works without a plan. When you work with Shortlist Marketing, we take you through five specific steps to craft an inbound marketing plan:
1. Audit – we undertake an internal and external analysis. First, we look at your organisation’s current situation and what resources you already have available. Then, we evaluate what the market looks like and carry out a competitor analysis.
2. Objectives – we work with your senior leadership team to understand your objectives, what revenue goals need hitting and how we can help you reach them. This stage involves setting SMART objectives.
3. Strategy – here, we drill down into your target audience. We craft buyer personas, create a marketing map, and set out a buyer’s journey, looking at drivers, segmentation and product positioning.
4. Communications – once all the above is complete, we turn to explore tactics, and look at what communications will happen when. A full content marketing plan can include blogs, landing pages, social media, ads and email marketing.
5. Metrics and controls – the only way to measure the success of inbound marketing is to set KPIs so we can track and measure its success.
Once all these steps are outlined and a solid plan is in place, implementation can either be carried out by us or by your own team.